Schedule Time & Gather Materials
- Time to Read VoC Reports: 30 Minutes a Week
- Browser to Read Reports
Carry Out This Method
A typical Voice of Customer form for a page can be viewed on the OpinionLab website.
- A text field with a pulldown menu to assign a comment topic.
- A 1-5 rating scales for the Overall Page, and whether the page was Easy, Effective, and Enjoyable.
- A pulldown menu labelled, “What is the primary reason for your visit today?”
- A pulldown menu labelled, “Were you able to complete your task?”
- A 1-10 rating scale labelled, “How likely are you to recommend OpinionLab to a friend or colleague?”
- A text field labelled, “Please enter your email if you’d like us to contact you.”
Try These Tips
- Request access the VoC reporting application. Otherwise, partner with someone with access who can run custom queries for you.
- Be aware that many VoC applications are omni-channel, compiling user information from other products, mobile apps, blogs, etc. This data — and resulting optimization efforts for other products — can be a valuable tool for researching your product’s usability issues.
- Many VoC applications will email reports on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Request access to these reports.
- For further quantitative research, you will want to become familiar with your Web Analytics application.
- Ask if you can contact users who left their email and interesting comments.
- Be alert for trends in the quantitative data.
Explore More Resources
- Paul Olyslager: How to Improve UX with Voice of Customer
- Useful Usability: 6 Voice of the Customer Tools That Can Save Your Business
- Centralis: Integrating UX into Voice of the Customer Programs
- Gaskin Griffin Hauser: VOC Encyclopedia